Instructions

Apr 1, 2010 at 7:48 PM

I have download the code and without any documentation or instructions I have deduced the following setup for using this code:

Assumptions:

1. Input SP list exists containing items

2. Output SP list exists containing identical columns as the input list. The output list may or may not contain items. BEWARE: All items in the output list will be deleted by this code.

Setup:

1. Retrieve the GUIDs of the input list view and the output list view.  I used SharePoint Manager to retrieve these.  There may be other ways.

2. Enter these GUIDs into app.config on lines 11 and 12.

3. Enter the names of the input and output lists into app.config on lines 9 and 10.

4. Enter internal and external SharePoint URLs into app.config on lines 17 and 20 leaving "/_vti_bin/lists.asmx" intact.

5. Enter the username, password, and domain of the user to run this code into the code, Program.cs, on lines 29 and 30.

6. Edit lines 106 through 171 in the code, Program.cs, to specify all the columns to be copied.

7. Build and run.  It runs as a Console Application.

If you find this setup difficult, that's because it is.  Apparently this code was written for one time use and far from general use.

Good luck.

dls

May 18, 2010 at 8:12 PM

I just discovered that this utility does NOT delete ALL items from the output list.  It attempts to delete them, but does not delete all of them.  If the output list has an Item Limit specified for its view and there are more items in the output list than the Item Limit specification, this utility will delete only the first "Item Limit" number of items in the output list.  It will not delete ALL items from the output list.